Monday, October 7, 2013

Partial Framing.

A box of Christmas ornaments is partially framed by the box itself. Photo by Felix R. Fimbres

I know, You've missed your regular dosage of my blabbing on and on about a random photograph. I was a little busy, but I should be back to my regular posting! Well at least until I run out of photographs to talk about anyway. Also, I'm still waiting for a brave soul to submit a photograph...

So, in any instance I can think of off the top of my head a frame is probably going to be completely surrounding your subject(s) like this window frame, or this parachute; but you don't need to have the entire frame in your photograph.

I this example we have some Christmas ornaments framed up by the box where the spend most of year.

In my opinion, the snowman sticks out, followed by the rocking horse. why? well probably because they are in focus and each have a point of interest.

Could this photo have balance? sure, the box covers about half the frame and so do the ornaments.

But again, it's just a box of ornaments. This photo probably isn't going to win an award be displayed in the New York Metropolitan Museum of  Art, but that's okay because it at least I know some thought went into it's composition.

No comments:

Post a Comment