Monday, September 23, 2013

Hit me with your best shot.

The view from inside the newly renovated elementary school in Dire Dawa, Ethiopia on June 20, 2012. The school was recently renovated with the help of the 490th Civil Affairs team and Navy construction battalion sailors assigned to Combined Joint Task Force - Horn of Africa. (U.S. Army photo by Staff Sgt. Felix R. Fimbres)
Not everyone can get honest feedback about the photos they've just taken. I was fortunate enough to have gone through a school where my images where ripped to shreds on a daily basis. This was good. I was then able to go to a public affairs shop were we had lots of new people show me their photographs and allowed me in turn to rip them to shreds. This too, was good.

You simply can't get better if you don't know what you're doing wrong. No one is perfect, even I make mistakes regularly.

So if you'd like someone other than your friends and family to discuss the merits of your work send them my way. Here's how.

Your photo will get it's own post, and hopefully we can get some others to add their own feedback as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment