Friday, September 20, 2013

Just the lines ma'am


Barbed wire along Utah Beach, Normandy, France. (U.S. Army photo by Sgt. Felix R. Fimbres)
   Today is going to be a short post because there's not a whole lot to say about these two photos. I saw the lines, put them in points of interest, I took the photo. Easy. I will point out, in the above example, the subject is the barbed wire, but specifically the sharp pointy part. [Yes, it's a little bit out of the point of interest for no apparent reason.] 

The line go from left to right and right to left and 
almost covers two points of interest. 
   So here we have two examples of leading lines themselves being subjects. If you've been following our discussions about leading lines here, here & here, you probably know that I like my lines to lead to a subject. If the line itself is the subject? I don't know, maybe? 

But lets not forget ultimately when you look in your viewfinder you should be asking yourself,

Road markings found on Lajes Air Field, Azores.

(U.S. Army photo by Sgt. Felix R. Fimbres) 
 "Is my subject clear?" and "Am I using one of the rules of composition?" 

   The answer to both of these questions should be Yes.






Did I get three points of interest? Yes...maybe, almost? Ish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment